To Do List for Nkonya Website
"Bʋ tɛlɩɩ oyi
nɔhɛsʋ kun tswiihɛ."
"They stand on a crooked stick to cut a straight one."
Accept something less than perfect in order to get something better.
- The Nkonya language
Who; contact info
- describe the phonology; tone system
- take some of the material from Nkonya Spelling Rules.
A few pictures
A map of Nkonya in Ghana and towns in Nkonya done
History of The Nkonya Language Project
Building Project needs info as to how to support GILLBT
Nkonya Online NT
Documents (some of these are ready Real Soon Now
and some are just dreams)
- check fonts on bare iron machine Windows & Linux
- Need as a zipfile
- Make Android APK available
- New Testament
- Generate and upload new PDFs
- Make a new E-pub section
get adobe print drivers that
hopefully won't put lines beside pictures
Abi Gongon is in Northern Dialect rather than Unified
- Constitution of Ghana - release current version
- Trees Are Valuable get it from Tamale -scanned image until
- Nkonya Proverbs
- Jacob & Esau
- Let's Speak English
produce view versions - means converting Publisher files from
A4 landscape to A5 portrait
publish unified orthography versions of dialect publications -
need to do this
for paper versions as well.
- needs a grammatical description and a short section on the
- would like to digitize sound samples of every Nkonya example
- tone paper needs writing -
- will give more complete tone description
- will include verb and noun tone paradigms & interaction
- Stewart word list
- just needs the intro written.
- would like to key the word list to the sound files of the
- Dictionary / Lexical File
- needs extensive editing for tone & glottal stop
- ultimately would like to put it as a queryable database.
- publish annotated sound files
- need to put orthographic tone marking on all annotations.
- I'm not really happy with ASAP annotation.
- need titles of songs Some of mp3s have titles internally now
- add length in minutes/seconds of each song -
- Web 1 done
- Web 2 done
- CD 1
- CD 2 done
- CD 3 done
- CD 4 done
- CD 5 done
- add links to next/previous cassette on each index
- get lyrics and make them available for tapes 3, 4 & 5
- prepare excerpts for web-site for tapes 3, 4 & 5
- put html description of each tape in directory & in index
- Convert bare pages to markdown
- Convert the single page PDF files to graphic
- integrated scheme for all web pages. (CSS?)
- Details of how to load a font on the computer.
put a mailto link on each page.
- make a boilerplate text Doulos SIL font link.
- put the font & instructions on one page
- need an e-mail alias for firstname.lastname@example.org